Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My First Snag

This is about as good a place to start posting on this blog as any other. Today, after scanning Pa's 81st sermon ("Healing for the Spiritually Blind"), I realized that I had up to now been scanning the collection at 200x200 dpi rather than the 600x600 that I originally thought. That's a HUGE difference in quality. Rather than go back to the beginning and rescan everything, however, I have chosen to just keep moving forward. If I get the chance to someday go back and scan the first 80 sermons at 600x600, that's great, but right now I'm mainly concerned with getting all of the documents digitized first, before anything might happen to them (flood, fire, etc).

Unfortunately, the sudden change to 600x600 greatly increased the size of the documents, which in turn has slowed my computer down to a crawl. Right now I have a copy of the collection saved on my Macbook hard drive, a 16GB flash drive, and a 1TB external hard drive, so I may end up having to delete the copy on my Macbook in order to keep up the pace.

In other news, I found these neat sermon notes in folder #84, "The Heart in Which Christ Rules Supreme(ly)". They were written on the front and back sides of 3 pieces of 3"x5" notebook paper. My first thought was, Hey, this is neat, closely followed by Who in their right mind writes their sermon notes on such small pieces of paper?


No comments:

Post a Comment